Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Comment Cards

As part of the second quarter reflection I asked the kids in my English class the following: Tell me something about your learning style. How does our class fit you? How could our class be better for you?

As always, the insights of the students are telling. Notably, they seem generally satisfied, despite the challenges of distance learning. My colleagues and I are working hard to provide a productive learning environment, and for the most part, it seems to be working for most of the kids. 

Here's what they have to say so far:

I honestly love this class. It has a supportive writing community. I love how we get to know each other. I feel like I fit in here and nothing could make the class better.

This class fits well. The chat snaps are my favorite. But it would be better if we learned to write stories.

I learn by listening. This class fits me.

Well, I am an in person learner. I lose focus sometimes in my home because my environment distracts me.

One thing that helps me learn is music, and I work efficiently by myself. Our class fits me perfectly, I feel comfortable and happy.

My learning style is just adapting to how the teacher teaches me. I think this class fits me because I love writing.

My learning style is visual. Class would be better for me if there were more visuals, like videos.

I like this class, because my teacher gives me a lot of time and we get to pick what we want to write.

This class kind of fits my learning style, although I would like to not use breakout rooms.

Give us more time to work.

Our class is good for me because we go at the right class. It would be better if it were not virtual.

My learning style is kind of weird. I lose focus easily, but this class fits me well. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I like to work in different ways. Sometimes I like groups and sometimes not. In this class I feel like I can work alone, because I can ask a lot of questions when I need to.

I learn better when there is an example. It helps me a lot. This class would be better if we had a fun activity at the end.

I'm a good listener. This class is good.

I like our class. It's calm and fun to work in.

This class is very fun and easy, considering how much I like to write.

My learning style is to just look and listen and write stuff down. This class fits me because I'm having fun learning. The people here are nice, and there's a good balance between fun and learning.

My learning style is I just listen and if I have a question I ask it. I think how you're teaching the class is fine.

This class is calm, but at the same time noisy. I love the chat snap, it gets us to communicate together, and reply at times.

I like talking a lot. Maybe we could have more group activities.

This class stresses me out.

I think our class is fun to come to because I like writing.

I like to work on paper, and this class fits me well like that. We also practice certain stuff I need to learn.

I'm more of a visual learner. I sometimes can't understand things if I don't see an example.

I usually like to do stuff on my own. I don't like to be slowed down. This class works like that.

I am a visual learner and you provide a lot of images to help with work.

First of all I would like this class to be a little easier, please!

I work best alone.

This class helps me by giving me things to look at instead of just instructions, since it makes it a bit easier to come up with ideas.

My learning style is solo. I like working alone or 1:1 with a teacher. This class fits me because I always have that option.

I enjoy working alone, but I don't mind groups. Screenshots help me take notes.

I learn with pictures. This class fits me good.

I prefer talking to writing.

I usually record the lesson so I can take good notes later.

This is my favorite class because I love writing and I want to become an author someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment