Friday, January 29, 2021

Somewhere Out There

It was my friend Mary's idea to have our students create micro video presentations to celebrate the end of the essay unit. Using a popular education platform, the kids were tasked with making videos between 60 and 90 seconds showcasing their writing and ideas. Sharing their video with the group was optional, but showing their faces on it was not.

Until I hit play on the first video, I don't think I realized how much I longed to see these kids with whom I have worked so closely and yet never met in person. But after five months of faceless interaction, watching their recordings and hearing those familiar voices come from real people in real places? 

Well, it kind of choked me up a bit. 

1 comment:

  1. I actually gasped when I saw the first video and then I too teared up a bit. It was quite a feeling.

    ReplyDelete