Friday, December 4, 2020

Wish You Were Here

I enjoyed the bonus pix some kids posted to the first Chat Snap of the week so much that I made the second Chat Snap a photo by itself. 

Take a picture of something red or green at your house and post it, I asked, and the kids delivered, if not always in the way I expected. In addition to an elf on the shelf, holiday lights, markers, pencils, notebooks, blankets, and hoodies, they also posted images of green mouthwash, red deodorant, video game controllers, lighted keyboards, computer cables, paint, donuts with sprinkles, parakeets, solo cups, and grass outside the window. 

It was an interesting glimpse, literally, into each student's world, and I loved it. 

I was not the only fan, either. "This is my favorite chat snap yet!" posted one kid today. (I appreciated her growth mindset demonstrated by the use of the word 'yet'! She's right: there will be other great snaps!)

"Same!" replied another, and the likes kept rolling in. 

I was happy, but hardly surprised. Clearly we all appreciate connection and community where ever we can find it these days. I'm just glad we found it in English class.


No comments:

Post a Comment