Thursday, December 10, 2020

Dynamic Group

My homeroom was very engaged in the library scavenger hunt activity that was scheduled for today. Once I made sure they had the right app downloaded and opened, I shared my screen and we used the chat for them to post the answers they found to the 7 questions so I could type them into the challenge.

We had to use the chat because so many were excitedly yelling answers that I couldn't hear them. When we had successfully unlocked the final padlock and our finish time was displayed, I entered it into a google form to see how we stacked up to the other homeroom groups. "I did it!" I reported as I clicked submit.

"You didn't do anything!" one student said indignantly. "You just typed! We did all the work!"

"I know," I agreed, "I meant I submitted the form."

"Ohhh," he said without apology.

"What do we win if we got the best time?" asked another student.

"Um, bragging rights?" I answered. "They'll say our homeroom on the announcements."

"That's your name!" said the first kid.

I shrugged. "The gift of knowledge, then? A skill you need to be a good student?" I suggested, but they were jokingly grumbling and playing up their disgruntlement.

"Well," I finally said, "how about the gift of lunch 5 minutes early?"

With a cheer, their circles blinked out one by one, and I chuckled as I ended the call. 


No comments:

Post a Comment