Sunday, December 6, 2020

Joy to the Door

 I made a to do list today that included throwing or giving away at least one thing a day for the foreseeable future. Looking around from where I sat, I saw a pile of about a half dozen unread magazines, and decided to start with them. But first? I had to at least flip through each one, right? I started by paging through the two latest copies of The New Yorker, making sure to read all the cartoons, note any books, movies, or TV shows I should check out, and skim the articles of interest. Thirty minutes later, after reading a personal essay about mortality and Wheel of Fortune and an article about the human tragedy of poverty (in Alabama, specifically), I was almost ready to give up the whole magazine thing. 

I moved forward to a couple of alumni mags, one from college and another from high school, and those fortified me to continue on to Entertainment Weekly (which is now published monthly), and finish up with Martha Stewart Living. It was there that I found some recipes and a couple of holiday craft ideas, one of which I was determined to execute today

And so I did-- after a quick stop at the craft store, a bit of foraging through the evergreens growing in the neighborhood, and repurposing an LED candle and some ribbon I already had, my winter door decoration was complete!

Martha's:










Mine:

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Martha has such good ideas, and you’ve executed this one masterfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Martha has such good ideas, and you’ve executed this one masterfully.

    ReplyDelete