Tuesday, December 1, 2020

I Think Not

I laughed today when I read that President Trump's longest serving cabinet official is... Secretary DeVos of education infamy. Holding her office in all the hurly burly of that administration may have been the closest she'll ever come to lasting a few years in a classroom full of kids, never mind actually doing them some good. 

The joke seemed a little too good to be true, and so I did a little research on my own. DeVos is actually only the second longest serving cabinet member of this administration. Six out of fifteen secretaries made it all the way through, their seniority determined only by Senate confirmation, and guess who was actually confirmed first? Elaine Chao, Secretary of Transportation, who also happens to be Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's wife.

Coincidence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment