Friday, March 9, 2018

Uncle

I like to think of myself as a very healthy and hearty soul, one who soldiers on even in the most trying of times. BUT... after a whole box of tissues and when the saline, neti pot, ginger tea with honey and lemon, breathe-right strips, peppermint shower gel, and even chicken soup had reached the limits of their effectiveness, I gave in and took a sick day from work, hoping that rest might activate the other remedies and finally clear the congestion in my head and chest.

I hated to do it, but I have to admit, I do feel better.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you feel better. Why as teachers do we feel like we have to keep going? I have been out for 5 days now and totally feel guilty. Teachers and moms need to learn that we are important also and need to take time for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek - I hope you feel better. Neti pot? Ugh, that makes me cringe, but if it works for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were clearly fortified by a rich assortment of remedies. I love the list of cold-fighting flavors: honey, lemon, peppermint, and chicken soup. I hope you're still feeling better.

    ReplyDelete