Saturday, March 24, 2018

Remember When

The text came early this morning from a friend who had recently lost her senior dog. So, this happened.

Of course we added 'puppy gifts" and "visit puppy' to our to-do list. As yet unnamed, this little 8-week old Australian Shepherd was an adorable handful. In the time we were there he nipped our noses, chased his new big brother, and pranced proudly about with the squeaky bunnies we brought. It seemed hard to believe that our big bruiser of a doodle dog had been like this less than a year ago.

As we bid our farewells with promises to visit again very soon, the intoxicating mixture of puppy breath and cuddles was almost enough to make us consider getting another one for ourselves.

Almost.

4 comments:

  1. You bring puppy-dom alive! I can feel the aorable-ness. I like the juxtaposition of the 2 ages of dogs. I love the details of nipping your noses, prancing proudly and the squeaky bunnies. Oh, and intoxicating puppy breath! I'll b no one ever wrote that word combination before ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dogs! Lately I've been having the itch to check out Petfinder.com again. I even went to visit some dogs my sister is watching today, and I have a dog of my own! How fun to hang out with a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love puppies! Thank you for sharing the joy of a new puppy.

    ReplyDelete