Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Break it Down

There's an old joke: How do you eat an elephant?

And on the Tuesday night of Spring Break when all of our living room and dining room stuff is in the guest room, and color samples emblazon the walls like war paint, and plastic shrouds the furniture as spackling cures in the cracks and holes, and masking tape actually masks the edges of our built-ins, and the walls and trim are cleaner than they have been in years, and all the paint and sponges and mud and pans and rollers and brushes and edgers and knives and 7-in-ones and rags and drop cloths are organized and ready to deploy, but not one single wall is finished, I know the answer.

One bite at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Painting prep is mind numbing, isn't it. My husband is just repainting the vanity and this weekend will be weekend #3 with the bathroom in drawers on the floor in my office next door. And choosing a color? Don't even go there! :-) -- Christie @ https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some might just slap it on, but you're doing it right. Nice work on the prep! This job's meant to last, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love to paint. Now I leave that to my husband. Hopefully it gets done soon!

    ReplyDelete