Monday, March 26, 2018

Night Shift

At times I can be a restless sleeper. Then my dreams feature loops of school-related scenarios-- wouldas, couldas, and hey!-I-shouldas. Sometimes productive, sometimes not, I figure those nights push my work week to about 100 hours.

Just last night I dreamed again and again of using an app to reach a student with autism through his iPad. I should try that! I thought, every time I woke up. Finally, around 4 AM I fell into a restful sleep, and not waking until 7:30, I felt relatively refreshed. Even though my subconscious doesn't know I'm on spring break, my alarm clock does! 

Here's hoping the two will sync up before next Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I am not much of a restless sleeper, though I do recall three or four dreams a night usually, which can leave me feeling more exhausted in the morning than rested. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard you should wake up enough to write those thoughts down and then they won't bother you anymore. Glad you got to sleep, finally.

    ReplyDelete