Wednesday, October 14, 2020

The Show Must Go On

 Oh my!

Was that me screaming and cussing this morning 2 minutes before my first class call was supposed to start?

Err, yes, yes it was.

The tantrum was triggered when I spilled my coffee all over my work space, drenching blotter, keyboard, mouse and rosters. And instead of hastily cleaning up so that I could start my class, I swept my arm across the table in rage and knocked a few more things into the puddle of coffee pooling on the floor, then kicked my desk chair over, and stomped around, bellowing in frustration, forbidding Heidi to help me at all.

But

the clock was still ticking, and so I furiously grabbed some towels and paper towels and started swabbing my tears and the coffee as fast as I could. Then I righted my chair, plopped down, and rolled over to the still, slightly damp table, dried my mouse on my coffee stained shirt, and clicked JOIN, just a minute late.

And as the little circles glowed on my screen, disembodied young voices wishing me a good morning, my composure completely returned, and I turned on my camera and started the class.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Usually it's one of the students that ruins your blotter/desk calendar. Here's to a better start tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete