Thursday, October 22, 2020

Me Mail Makes Me Smile

I had forgotten that one of the school counselors had asked me to add her to my class call this morning so she could observe a student. How one does that on an MS Teams call with very few cameras on, I'm not sure, but I will say that the student in question participated quite a bit. This afternoon I received a quick email from my colleague with the subject line Fun!

Hoping for a little positivity, I opened it up. Thanks for letting me join your class! it read. So fun-- makes me want to take a writer's workshop from you. 😊

That was nice! 

I also texted another colleague a few minutes before my conference with a student of hers and his mom. I noticed he has several kissing assignments, I mistyped. Is there anything you want me to pass along? Then I hit send without proofreading.

Oh, I sent the obligatory correction with a goofy emoji, but I laughed out loud when I got her email tonight, subject line Solution for Kissing Assignments. She filled me in on her phone conversation with his mom, adding at the end, I can't wait to be in the classroom with real faces. I kiss so much this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment