Saturday, October 31, 2020

Cottage Industries

I spent some time tidying up this morning. My 10 x 10 work space had become pretty cluttered, and I was feeling overwhelmed. In addition to the two monitors, iPad, pens, pencils, notebooks and folders that comprise my school set up, there was a little rock-painting station, 4 pumpkins, 3 spaghetti squash, several butternut squash, and some ripening tomatoes over on the sideboard, a six-pack of home canned tomatoes and 2 jars of jam, a bag of mason jars and bottles, some murder boxes, a crate of teaching books from my classroom, another crate of airheads, envelopes, cards, and stamps, a shopping bag with some items I want to have framed, and the ring doorbell that I got for Christmas and couldn't decide if I wanted to install-- all this, in addition to things that were in this space before it became such a multi-purpose area. 

To be honest, there wasn't a lot I could do, but I started by organizing the pantry to find space for the canned goods. Then I painted a few rocks and cooked the spaghetti squash, which we will have for dinner. Next I went through the shelf of books next to my desk, finding a couple to drop in one of the little libraries around the neighborhood and another few to toss. Then I painted some details on my rocks, read some of the books I was undecided about,  and replaced the books I was getting rid of with my school books. After that I installed the doorbell and painted my rocks some more. 

Believe it or not, there actually seems to be a little more space in here, but it must be some of the most productive square footage in the county!

No comments:

Post a Comment