Sunday, October 25, 2020

SSDS

"I hate that pan! It's. always dirty!" Heidi growled in frustration from the sink.

"I'll wash it!" I said. "I know you hate it, but it's the best tool for the job." In this case the job was roasting vegetables and the sheet pan in question was non-stick with a circular raised pattern that did a great job caramelizing.

I should have stopped there, but I didn't. "It's not really dirty," I pointed out. "It's like a cast iron skillet, seas--"

"Dirty!" Heidi declared. "People say 'seasoned', but that just means that there's left over shit from other cooking and they're okay with it!" she scoffed.

Did I mention my wife was a bit of a clean freak?

"Seasoned and dirty are not the same thing!" I answered indignantly, searching my brain for a logical reason that I was right. "Dirty means that there's stuff on it that you don't want, and seasoned means that you do want it." I laughed, because it was a clarification I had never considered.

It might be the same shit," I shrugged, "but it's a different situation."


No comments:

Post a Comment