Sunday, July 19, 2020

Hydrotherapy

There was a time when the events of the world held a lot of fascination for me-- news, documentaries, true crime, talk shows, etc. on film, TV, radio, podcast, you name it-- they were usually my preferred form of entertainment.

That is not so these days. Instead I seek shelter from the sordid stories of people and their missteps. I don't want to know who killed who, who called who what terrible slur, or who blames who based on what facts have been reported and disputed.

I just want good old fashioned escapism in stories and activities. Unfortunately, when it's 95 degrees outside, and Covid-19 numbers are on the rise, escape doesn't seem like much of possibility. I think I'll go water my garden and float in the pool.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for water! I find I am at my best these days when I’m fully submerged. Can we consider underwater school?

    ReplyDelete