Thursday, November 23, 2023

Shell Games

While the weather here, for the most part, has been lovely, especially for November, as much time as we have spent walking the beach we have found the beachcombing to be a bit underwhelming. Although on the first morning, I found a whole sea biscuit and we did find those two shark teeth, the rest of our finds have been broken shells, bits of coral, and quartz stones. 

Rarely one content to simply walk, however, I set myself a project: to find broken shells, stones, and coral in the shapes of the letters of my name. That occupied one walk the other day, and I was pleased with the results, even if my brother did say it looks more like Tracky than Tracey.





This morning when we woke to blue skies and warm sunshine after the all-day deluge of yesterday, we decided to skip the parade and head for the beach instead. Today my project was more ambitious and fitting for the holiday; I searched for the letters to spell Thanksgiving. And a couple of hours later, with the help of everyone, I had a pocket full of options and optimism. 


Call it confirmation bias, but once again I was plenty satisfied with my efforts (especially after turning that e into a k), even after Treat posted Happy Planksgiving! to our family chat.



UPDATE: As if cooking and puzzling were not enough, we have also been tweaking the message this afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment