Sunday, November 19, 2023

Family Support

Sitting in the car waiting for Heidi to finish the grocery shopping, I watched a huge pickup truck slowly back into a parking space a little ways down from me. The driver maneuvered the big vehicle slowly but accurately until I heard the crank of an emergency brake and the engine shut down. Out of the truck tumbled two tall young men, a burly guy who was likely their dad, and a smiling woman I took as their mom. 

"Great parking job, Kaia!" one of them practically rejoiced.

"You sure got it in there," the dad agreed.

I craned my neck to see a teenage girl emerging from the driver's seat, grinning proudly.

One of her brothers high-fived her, and her mom gave her a hug. "Nice parking job!" she told Kaia.

And then the five of them happily headed into the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment