Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Vacation On

I had a doctor’s appointment at home today, and rather than go through the extreme headache of rescheduling my annual wellness check, I decided to drive the 2 hours back from the cabin this morning. At 7:30 the roads were mostly clear and the drive in was scenic and uneventful. 

After my appointment, I ran a few errands around town, including heading over to Bill and Emily’s for a wellness check on their cat, Spreidel. I did not, however, venture the 2 miles south that would have taken me to our house, although it was tempting. Somehow, being on vacation and coming back to town was strange enough without actually going home, no matter how short a visit it might have been. 

After a stop at the grocery store to get a few things we hadn’t been able to find in the stores near our rental property, I headed northwest and back to my vacation. 

“Yay! You’re home!” cheered Heidi when I finally rolled into the dusty driveway. 

I cocked my head and gave the statement some thought. “Well,” I said, “I was almost home, but now I’m…” I paused and laughed.

“Now you’re here,” Heidi said. “Yay!”

No comments:

Post a Comment