Wednesday, June 14, 2023

They Called it the Streak

 Here's what I did yesterday:

  • taught all day
  • attended a grade-level meeting 
  • heard unwelcome news about not using the middle school model in our middle school
  • posted the announcement and writing challenge for today
  • read and added the last of the 100-day writing posts to my spreadsheet
  • went to Target to buy the last writing challenge prizes
  • graded (and commented on) 96 profile pieces and a number of children's stories
  • put the grades in my grade book
  • set up my grade book for final grades
  • added comments for the report card
  • exported my grades at 12:15 a.m.

Here's what I didn't do yesterday:

Post my blog! 

And I didn't even realize that my counter had been reset from 5, 217 days in a row to zero until my friend Mary sat down in a chair in my room this afternoon at 1:30 and asked, "Did you write your blog yesterday?"

After a moment of stunned uncertainty, I slowly shook my head. "I don't think I did," I said in disbelief.

"You didn't," she assured me. "But at least you have something to write about today," she finished with optimism.

Write about, certainly, and process, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment