Monday, June 5, 2023

One More Monday 'til Summer

I don't know what made me think of it, but once I did? I had to have a little mini-golf course in my room for a brain break. 

So I went to the thrift shop and combed the sporting goods section. there I found six putters for three bucks each and a bag of seven neon golf balls for another three dollars. In my classroom, I used duct tape, solo cups, and ring toss rings from a previous brain break (found in the Target dollar bins) to set up a six-hole course with chairs and tables for obstacles. To complete the activity I printed nine-hole mini-golf scorecards for four players. 

The two-par course has a four-stroke limit, and 20 kids can get through it in a little over 10 minutes. Okay, there's no windmill, but not for lack of trying-- my colleague next door searched her cupboards for the motorized pinwheel she had years ago for some science experiment, but just couldn't find it. She did give me some extra foam core, though, and now I'm dreaming of bumpers and ramps.

Eight more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment