Sunday, June 4, 2023

How Many Does it Take?

Tibby saw it first. Or was it Milo? Hard to say, but last night around 10 PM our cats were super-interested in the living room rug. It wasn't long before Lucy hopped off her bed and went over to investigate.

"What are they looking at?" Heidi asked with a bit of alarm.

I glanced over from the couch. In the light of the TV, I saw nothing out of the ordinary. "Who knows?" I shrugged.

Heidi was not as easily dissuaded. She turned on some lights and squinted at the pattern in the carpet. The cats were all perky-eared and swishy-tailed. Lucy was play-bowing. I still saw nothing. 

"There!" Heidi pointed at a crescent that almost matched the rug. On closer examination, we saw legs, a hundred legs.

"A house centipede," I identified the intruder, and, grabbing a tissue, scooped it up, and sent it on its way outside. 

Go, team!


No comments:

Post a Comment