Monday, January 23, 2023

Kitty Bowl

I was exchanging messages with my cousin during the NFL playoff game yesterday. 

"Sorry about the Giants," I texted.

She is an inveterate football fan, and after a lifetime of rooting for Washington, their recent name change on top of their chronic poor management has driven her to the Giants. "My parents were from New York," she reminded us this summer, "and all my uncles were Giants fans when I was growing up." She even pronounced the name of the team Gintz (with a long i) just like they did.

"Go Bills!" she wrote back, knowing Heidi is from Buffalo.

I sent her this picture of our cat, Tibby "watching" the game.


After Buffalo's disastrous defeat, my cousin texted, "Tell Tib I'm sorry her team didn't win."

"I think she might have been for the Bengals 🐅" I replied.

"Good point," she wrote back. "She is a tough cookie cat."

No comments:

Post a Comment