Tuesday, January 10, 2023

HeidiVision

"Can you see the lines in the clouds?" Heidi asked me on the way to her follow-up appointment for her eye surgery. And when I nodded she continued, "The sky used to just look gray to me, but now I see each individual cloud!"

I was elated by her gratitude at her newly restored vision. Her cataracts had been getting progressively worse over the last decade, but neither of us really appreciated how bad they had become. 

At the doctor's office they did a routine vision check, which she passed handily. "Can you read the number at the bottom of the screen?" the PA asked. 

"20/20?" Heidi replied. 

"That's right!" he told her. "Wanna try the next one?"

And she got many of them right! So for the rest of the day, in addition to her amazement at the clarity of all she can see, she's been telling everyone, "And my vision is better than 20-20!"

No comments:

Post a Comment