Friday, January 20, 2023

Highly Irregular

A friend with a sick child asked Heidi to come by and stay with the baby while she went out to get some medicine and groceries, so I dropped Heidi over there on our way home from work. When I got home, Lucy was happy to see me, but stunned when Heidi did not come into the house right behind me. I leashed her up for a quick potty break, and she headed directly over to the car and gave it a sound sniffing, seemingly convinced that Heidi would emerge at any moment. 

We took a quick spin around the neighborhood and got the mail, but when we arrived back at the house, Lucy bolted up the stairs to see if Heidi had appeared, yet. Just then a neighbor came by and offered to take Lucy for a walk with her dog. We leashed her up again, and as she headed out the door with her friends both human and canine, she took a moment and looked back, head atilt, wondering what else in the world this day could possibly bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment