Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Undead

I spent the last few precious hours of winter break staring at my phone in the service waiting room at the car dealership. I had secured a 3 PM appointment and a portable battery charger, and the two of those got me twenty minutes away to where they could explain why a four month new battery had failed not once, but twice. 

They are very patient, solicitous really, there, which is one of the reasons I choose to take my business to them. And I have confidence in how much value they place in their brand name, and hence their service, which is another reason they are my auto shop. This time, they did not fail me, but they also did not find anything wrong with either the battery or the electrical system. They even gave me a free loaner and kept our car overnight to make sure it started again today.

Which it did. Four times.

And so? The mystery remains. But fortunately, so does that battery charger-- right in the back seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment