Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

I'm always saying things to my homeroom like, "You know what I want to know?" and then I tell them. I think it's a good idea to model curiosity and to show them that everyone has things they can learn. 

Like just the other day, we were watching an update on the Webb telescope and another video about the new NASA program to send people back to the moon and beyond. "You know what I want to know?" I said when the video ended. "Well, I actually have a list including space junk and mission time lines, but let's start with this: why is it called the Artemis program?"

"That's Apollo's twin sister," one of the students informed me. "Like the first manned moon program? And she's the goddess of the moon."

"That makes sense!" I agreed, "So why didn't they just name the first one after her?"

No comments:

Post a Comment