Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Planning Way Ahead

Yesterday, while we were discussing their One Little Words, I mentioned to one of my classes that I had done another new year exercise called 22 for 2022. "The idea was to make a list of 22 specific things you want to do in 2022," I explained. "it was kind of fun."

"What did they do in the year 2000 for that?" one student wanted to know. "Zero things?"

"I don't know!" I laughed. "That's a good question!"

"And what are you going to do in the year 2077?" asked another student. "Make a list of 77 things?"

"Well," I replied without thinking too hard, "I'll be dead by then, so I don't have to worry about that!"

The poor kid looked a little shocked.

"But you should make that list," I encouraged her. 

She looked unsure.

"At least you have a lot of time to think about it!" I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment