Sunday, January 9, 2022

Lazy Sunday

The rain started at around 10:30 this morning, and true to prediction has continued steadily all day giving us a gray and slushy Sunday. "I have three options," I told Heidi around 11:30, after a nice little brunch. "I could do the NYTimes Sunday puzzle, watch some episodes of Evil, or get out the jigsaw puzzle that Richard and Annabelle gave me for Christmas."

"Choose less screen time," she suggested, and so we cleared off the dining room table, brought over an extra lamp, and dumped out the puzzle. It's been years since we've taken the time to do a puzzle at home, so many that we wondered how our nearly 5-year-old cats would take it. But we needn't have worried, both of them and the dog curled up in their beds and slept away the rainy afternoon, while we made excellent progress.

Around 5, I stretched, put on my new winter raincoat, and took the dog for a quick, 2 mile walk, and then it was back to the puzzle, knowing that winter vacation ends for real when the alarm goes off tomorrow morning at 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment