Friday, February 28, 2020

Sorry, Wrong Number

It was just last night in writing group that Mary and I were griping about the parking situation at our school since they built in elementary school in the former parking lot. Now we have assigned spaces in the underground garage beneath the school, but there aren't enough for everyone, and there is no visitor parking, either. Ellen and Leah were appropriately appalled, even though we had to admit it hadn't been much of a problem. "But it could be!" we agreed.

And not 10 hours later when I sleepily pulled into the garage and rounded the pillars to my assigned spot, it was. Another car was there, and although there were several open spaces, I knew that taking one could set off a chain reaction. Fortunately? I remembered that Mary was out today, and she had mentioned her space number in the conversation that night before.

Once I was safely parked in 243, I went over to my assigned place, 231. The car there had an official hangtag, but the number? Was 234. Three spots to the right, and next to a column, just like mine.

231, 234, 243-- aye yi yi! What an unnecessarily stressful way to start my Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to be away from work today just so I could help you out!

    ReplyDelete