Saturday, February 22, 2020

Doo Pennants

We hadn't been on the trail very long this afternoon when Lucy pooped. Since it was an in-and-out hike, rather than walk three miles with a bag of poop, we deposited it near a tree and vowed to collect it upon our return. The same thing happened twice again with other dogs we were with, and as much as I enjoyed our time in the woods, remembering to pick up the poop and pack it out weighed on me. In fact, I counted the bridges to the crossway on the path that I knew we would come back to so that we would be sure to find it again, and even then, as I walked I wished that there was a way to more clearly flag the bags as well as our intention to return to them. Little neon pennants came to mind, the type that utility companies use. Those and a sharpie would do the trick. Would other people buy them? I wondered. If I sold them, what could they be called?

No comments:

Post a Comment