Thursday, February 27, 2020

No Resolution

Every time we teach the fiction unit, I vow to write something along with the students. After all, we make it seem so easy-- just create a character, figure out what he or she wants, throw some obstacles in the way, identify the turning point when something essential changes that allows that conflict to be resolved, and wrap.it.up!

And to be completely honest, as creative and elastic as their brains are, the process really works for them. The stories they write are funny, touching, suspenseful, and wise. But as for me? I can't do it. I can't think of a good character, or imagine an original problem, or even fathom a solution, except for this one: Tracey wants to write a story, but...

Let me know if you can find the turning point!

No comments:

Post a Comment