Monday, February 3, 2020

Just the Highlights

I can't say that I was too interested in watching the Super Bowl last evening, but professional concerns demanded that I be familiar with the commercials. Not to worry, though-- they are all available online and few of them suffer from being out of context.

So today I was able to confidently start all my classes with the reliable and engaging hook Who watched the game last night? followed by What was your favorite ad? From there we talked a little about persuasive techniques, reviewing what we had learned last week and setting the stage for the activities of the day. What I wasn't prepared for was any discussion of the halftime show, which came up in all of my morning classes.

And when a colleague mentioned it again at lunch, I finally just went over to the computer and pulled up the show on the SmartBoard in my room. The four of us munched and marveled at Shakira and JLo-- women not too far from our own ages who really put on an amazing show.

Who needs a Super Bowl party?

No comments:

Post a Comment