Friday, February 21, 2020

First Couple

One of the best commercials my students made this year was also a breakthrough of sorts.

The product was called the Lint-A-Way and was described as "a chargeable, fast, voice-activated and extremely powerful lint remover that cleans away any level of lint in seconds." The ad starts with an aggravated guy trying unsuccessfully to remove the lint from a pillow with a regular brush.

Next it cut to another guy who says, "Honey I have to go to work in three minutes! There's lint all over my tie!"

Then it cuts back to the first guy, still working on the pillow, who replies, "Honey, I can't! I'm trying to clean off the lint with this lint roller and it's not working!"

Yes! In a first, the commercial featured a same sex couple, played by a couple of typical sixth grade boys! And even more incredible, to me, was that not a single kid who saw the commercial even mentioned the choice. In fact? They didn't even react.

Mind.
Blown.

Oh, and I'll take one of those lint-a-ways. My wife would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment