Tuesday, April 17, 2018

In the Van Guard

I needed a new pair of sneakers for the spring, so I ran up to the big box shoe place on Sunday to look around. Years ago when I lived at the beach, my signature summer kicks were white slip-on Vans, and I actually bought a pair of gray canvas Vans last spring. This time my eye was drawn to a black suede pair with white trim, and when I tried them on, they were so comfortable I wanted to wear them out of the store. I resisted, mostly because of the rain, and it rained again yesterday, too, so my new shoes had their official debut today.

Oh my goodness! You might have thought I found a cure for homework! There were so many compliments from so many kids, even some I didn't know. With my jeans and black crew neck sweater, it seems like I was rocking the look. In fact, when I looked around my third period class I saw two girls who were wearing a variation of my own outfit down to the Vans.

Fashion has never been my thing-- I like what I like and I like to wear it regularly-- but after a day like today? At least I understand the fuss!




No comments:

Post a Comment