Thursday, July 13, 2023

Climate Control

It seemed so odd that the a/c Heidi’s mom has down in the guest room of their home wasn’t cooling the space as it usually does. We turned it way down and gritted our teeth, trying to ignore the incessant drone of the fan. 

At last this afternoon I climbed up to have a look at the unit, and I could see that although it was set to 65, the room temperature was actually 75. I did a quick check of the settings and restarted the unit, but it had no effect. That’s when I passed by the other machine that was also busily humming in the corner. It was a dehumidifier, and its heating element was on, so that it was working hard to keep our area both dry and toasty. 

Once I turned it off? The room cooled considerably. It seems like the a/c has a dehumidifier, too, so I’m hoping all will be comfortable and balanced, at least until Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment