Monday, July 24, 2023

Why Not?

"What's this, Babe?" Heidi asked as she gestured to 64 the torn pages scattered over the dining room table.

Surely I have one of the world's most indulgent spouses! Just the other day, I whirled my swivel chair around and noticed one of the REALLY hard puzzle books my older nephews gave me for my birthday a few years ago, and 

it.
was.
on!

This particular book has you tearing out pages, forming 4-foot by 6-foot paper grids on your table or floor in an attempt to decipher the nearly 100 rebus puzzle only to then stand on a step ladder (my strategy) and look down on your work to decipher one 6-8 letter word.

Oh, it is a wicked (and fun) pursuit that leaves your workspace (in this case our dining room and living room) trashed, as you use your wits, pencils, highlighters, and tape to solve the 10 puzzles that make up The Librarian's Almanaq

"It's one of the puzzle books the boys gave me," I said, studying the four images on the page in my hand.

She nodded. "Let me know if you need any help."

1 comment: