Friday, February 1, 2019

Imagined Life

Yesterday I had an appointment at home at 3, which forced me to dash out the door along with the students a little after the last bell of the day. At 3:30, when the serviceman was finished, I started dinner. Josh and a couple of his friends were coming over at 6, and I made a hearty vegetable and shrimp posole and baked a cranberry cake with caramel glaze and whipped cream. Next, I vacuumed and set the table, then laid a fire to start a little later. Soon it was time to go get Heidi from school, so I bundled Lucy into the car, and she bounced around the frozen fields outside our building for 20 minutes or so. On the way home, we got a text from our neighbor, and ended up inviting her over for dinner, too. It was a lovely evening, enjoyed, I think, by all, and as we loaded the last of the dessert plates into the dishwasher, I couldn't help but wonder what else in the world I could accomplish if I left school every day at my contract time.

No comments:

Post a Comment