Sunday, January 13, 2019

Breathing Room

We woke this morning to several inches of fluffy snow and the promise that it would continue through nightfall, and even though it was many more hours until it was official, we knew that there would be no school tomorrow.

Knowing that I wouldn't have to rise in darkness for the first of five busy days at work gave me an extra burst of energy to get things done today. The car was cleaned off before nine; the Christmas tree was restored to a simple (if very dry) fir, and all the holiday decorations were finally organized, packed, and stowed away until next year. The house was vacuumed and the laundry washed and folded. I even split some of the dry firewood into kindling to keep our hearth warm and crackling.

Now, dinner is on the stove, and I'm ready to relax for the evening, knowing that I'll have time to work on grades and paperwork for school at my leisure tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment