This season, they changed my bowling league start time from 10 am to 11. It might not seem like it, but that one hour makes a big difference. We used to finish around 12:30, and I would be home by 1 at the latest, but now, of course, I don't get home until around 2.
That leaves a big hole in the middle of the day; by the time I walk the dogs, it's late afternoon, and I haven't accomplished much. The extra hour on the other side does come in a little handy, though. This morning I was able to bake off the bread I made yesterday and deliver a loaf, still warm from the oven, to one of my bowling buddies. I also have plenty of time for yoga and meditation.
On the other hand, I'm usually starving by the time I roll my last frame, and when I look around at my fellow bowlers, I see that they are, too. There is a lot more food on the tables this year! In fact, I almost think that's why the bowling center made the change. Not many folks ordered much more than coffee when we were bowling in the morning; I guess at that hour, the snack bar staples of burgers, wings, and fries didn't seem that appealing.
But plenty of stomachs must be grumbling from noon to one, because isn't that right about lunchtime anyway? The menu is a much better fit for that time of day, and it's showing in the food sales. I just hope they don't get in their heads that they want to sell more beer! Otherwise, we might become a night league.
No comments:
Post a Comment