Thursday, February 8, 2024

Live and Let Die

A few days ago I heard shouting from the room across the hall during our planning time and looked up to see a mouse scurry into my room. A few minutes later, the events repeated themselves. Finally, my colleague poked her head in the door. "Are you just going to sit there calmly while that mouse runs back and forth between our rooms?"

I smiled apologetically and shrugged. "The mice don't really bother me," I said. "I make sure there's no food in here and nowhere to nest, but if they run in, I leave them be."

"I knew it!" she said as another teacher joined her at the door. "She's not afraid of them!" They both shook their heads at me.

"I wish I could share your anti-mouse feelings," I laughed.

This afternoon the same duo returned to my door. "Mickey is no more," they informed me. "The glue trap did its job."

I cringed. 

"I knew it!" said one to the other. "She's sad for it!"

"Kinda," I admitted. "That's a tough way to go."

"RIP Mickey!" they laughed as they left.

No comments:

Post a Comment