Monday, November 7, 2022

A former student stopped by the other day to say hello. As we chatted, she mentioned that her 9th grade sibling was still doing the daily writing they started during our hundred day writing challenge back in 2020. I was impressed, and I did a quick calculation. “They must be getting close to a thousand days,” I remarked. 

“Really?” she said. “That is impressive.”

When she left, I pulled up my own blog to see what day was 1000. On November 25, 2011 the title of my post was M, for 1000. (Little Cats Drink Milk is the way I always remember the Roman numerals for 50, 100, 500, and 100.) 

I finished that post with the suggestion that I stop counting and keep writing, and for the most part I have, but that conversation made me wonder how many days I’ve written, and so I did another quick calculation. Today, November 7, 2022 is day 5000 for me. 

Wow. 

I wonder how you write that in Roman numerals?

1 comment: