Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Oven Ordeal, Finis

 The technician arrived shortly after I did. He seemed very professional and quite competent, and I gave him the pre-shipped parts that had arrived earlier in the week then sat down to wait. I heard the whirr of his drill as he opened the back of the stove, and then a melodic beeping that I recognized as my oven in working order.

"Is it fixed already?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes," he said. "It was only a loose wire ribbon. Have you had anyone else out to look at it?"

"No," I answered honestly, omitting the truth of my tinkering.

"Well, it's fixed," he shrugged and then went on his way. 

I was happy enough to have the oven working that I resolved to give myself some grace. I had, after all, almost, repaired it. I considered giving the extended warranty company some grace, too, even after all the screw ups. 

Just then, my phone rang. "This is Company X," an urgent voice reported. "I got your message about the stove, and I'm returning your call."

"Someone was already here," I told him. "He fixed it."

"Another company came?" he replied in relief. "Okay then," and he hung up.

Seriously, WTF? 

I put my phone in my pocket and turned the oven on. It was definitely time to bake something.


No comments:

Post a Comment