Sunday, November 20, 2022

Mind the Rules

It's a family getaway, and so for us? That means playing games! So far on this trip our games have been mostly been trivia related, which is no coincidence, because the restaurant across the street is hosting a trivia night tomorrow, and the five of us are in training. 

Conveniently, the rental house came with a pub-style trivia game, and we have played a few rounds while cooking and after dinner. Our average hovers in the 7th percentile, a solid pass on the SOLs, and a score we're hoping would be locally competitive.

We also have another Q and A game called Mind the Gap, which has four sets of trivia questions based on the four recent generations, Boomer, Gen X, Millennial, and Gen Z. Last night, despite its rules and design, we played the game as individuals, an approach which was not entirely unsuccessful, although it did provide a few moments of unintended hilarity. At one point, I was trying to hum the theme song from a popular 80s sitcom when I dissolved into laughter.

"Can you hum and laugh at the same time?" my brother teased.

I tried unsuccessfully to get myself under control. "No," I gasped, "no, I cannot." I held my breath for a minute. "But I can laugh and pee my pants at the same time! I'd just rather not."

This evening? We played in teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment