Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Give a Silly Answer

The question of the day was, "What did you do over your long weekend?" 

The answers were getting a little snarky right before lunch, so rather than call out the jokesters myself, I asked the class if they had any follow-up questions about each post. When one kid wrote that he breathed over the weekend, his classmates good-naturedly showed him how silly the answer was.

"Does anyone have any questions?" I asked after I read his post.

Several hands shot up, and so did the writer's eyebrows. He was not expecting any interest in his report.

"What did you breathe?" asked one.

"Air, duh," replied the kid.

"How did you breathe?" asked another.

"Through my nose," answered the kid.

Another student raised his hand. "How long did you breathe?"

"I'm still doing it," he answered.

"Wow," said his classmate. "You must really like breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment