Saturday, October 9, 2021

Bumpy Transition

There were a few moments today when I was setting up my new phone that I was afraid my oldest text messages wouldn't transfer over. I would have considered that an unacceptable loss, worthy of a trip to the Genius Bar, even, because of the messages I have from my mom. And as I remained calm, trying to trouble shoot the situation, one of the things I did was to text her, in an attempt to force the recovery of that chain of messages. Miss you! I sent, and for a long while, too long, that was the only little speech bubble on a vast, empty white screen.

In the end, the issue was not technical, but rather one of patience. When at last my new phone was totally restored from the back-up I had done right before activating it, that message was just the latest in a conversation stretching back many years, much of it mundane, but all of it a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment