Thursday, April 1, 2021

There'll Be Days Like This

Today's been kind of a bummer. Still tired from driving seven hours yesterday, I was kind of dragging when I got up. 

We had planned to get together with our neighbors to celebrate the Nats home opener and share the wings brought back, but the game was postponed because of COVID, then a couple people bailed, and the weather was kind of raw and gray, so we just delivered wings instead, promising to reschedule when it's nicer out. 

We spent a little time dismantling the dining room office that I used to teach remotely. It's nice to have the space back, but a little bittersweet to commit to returning to the old daily grind-- this past year has me hankering for something new; I just haven't found it, yet. 

And even our daily walk has been put off-- a neighbor's unit is flooded, and we've been helping out, manning the wet vac and donating extra towels. The dog downstairs is baying, his mournful howl floating up through the floor. He sounds a little like I feel. Who knows what we want?

But I don't worry, 'cause Mama said...

1 comment:

  1. Mama is right, and tomorrow is a new day! Only 11 weeks left of a the daily grind before a breather, but who's counting?

    ReplyDelete