Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Better Than All the Rest

What's the BEST thing EVER? I asked my students today in preparation to teach hyperbole. "Don't overthink it!" I advised. "Just go with your gut."

The first group latched on to the whimsy of it:

Cats, only cats. They are the superior race, and they should rule the world.

dino costumes

my blanket

vacation

the bell at the end of my last class on Friday

the pool on a hot day 

The next group went deep:

life

family and friends

love

books 

And then they went all sixth grade, too:

me

Chik-fil-a

Takis 

duct tape

Nutella 

hot Cheetos 

But of course, the most popular answer was...

VIDEO GAMES!  

But as for myself? I think I may have to agree with the other adults in the room:

coffee

chocolate

ice cream

and of course?

sliced bread 

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your list, and I’d like to add jalapeƱo poppers.

    ReplyDelete