Friday, April 23, 2021

Most Popular

In the bottom right hand corner of my blog is a list of Popular Posts. With the minute readership I enjoy, I'm not sure if the algorithm that determines the entries on the list has to work more or less than usual, but I generally recognize why one post or another is mentioned. To be honest, I rarely even look at that feature, but yesterday I glanced over and saw a title I didn't remember: Fair to Middlin'

Intrigued, I clicked the link and was taken to the post I had written exactly 10 years ago to the day, April 22, 2011. It was the end of a week at the beach with family, one that had started with renting a van and road tripping south with Heidi, Bill, my mom, and our dogs Sonic and Isabel to meet my sister and her family. Treat and Emily flew in, too.

I got a lump in my throat reading about our last night at the beach and the dinner conversation we had, and the whole story brought back a flood of sweet memories. Coincidently, just a few hours later I was scheduled to pick up a minivan to drive south with Heidi and Bill and Emily and our dogs to join my sister's family for our niece's Bat Mitzvah.

But the strangest thing about the whole thing was that there was absolutely no reason why that particular post should be on that list. When I checked my stat gadget, no one had accessed it but me, and only because I followed the link right then. By all rights? Fair to Middlin' should have been languishing right along side the other 4,000+ posts that no one has looked at for years.

And yet... there it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment