Thursday, April 23, 2020

Stretching Our Legs

I put off my walk a little too long today, and by the time I was finished with school stuff, the rain that is predicted to be with us for the next several days was here. My choice was to sit around or brave the weather, and as tempted as I was to hunker down, I put on my rain boots, zipped up my slicker, leashed up the dog (she didn't get a choice), and headed out.

It was a light rain at first, with an almost pleasant fresh breeze, and the sidewalks were relatively empty, so I took a deep breath and quickened my stride. A little while later, my hood felt a little too warm, and I swept it back and let the rain fall as it might. And that is how we continued. The rain fell steadily as Lucy and I continued on our way without wavering.

And when we got home? We were soaked, but satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment