Friday, August 17, 2018

Exercise in the Sharing Economy

It was another hot day here, but after returning home from a mid-afternoon movie, I was restless. 95 degrees had subsided to 88, and the lazy early evening sun was sinking behind haze and boomers that were too far away to rain. I tapped my phone and checked the scooter app. There were a bunch a couple miles away in Crystal City, but at that time of day, traffic would be heavy, and I wasn't looking for a place to drive.

A bike path led directly to the scooters, and I knew there was a bike share station on the way and another one at the end. With that, my plan was clear. Ten minutes later I was on a bike, 15 minutes after that it was parked, and I was walking a couple of blocks back to the scooters I had pedaled past. From there it was all wind in my hair as I rolled back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment